The Director, Digital Ad Operations is responsible for shaping the ad operations team, its processes and implementing evolving strategies to ensure best in class delivery on all of Strakes, Roberts, & Bauer’s digital advertising campaigns. This is a key and strategically important role that leads the overall post-sale execution of services and client experience, and will be reporting directly to senior leadership.
You will be responsible for creating and executing operational strategies that align with SR&B’s goals; streamlining processes across departments, fostering long-term partnership with internal and external stakeholders, and driving the organization’s financial, campaign performance, and client service goals.
The right person for this role obsesses over details, thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced collaborative environment, wants an opportunity to make a significant impact and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges. You will also have a track record of hiring, training and retaining dedicated talent – being a coach and advocate for your team. If you are someone who thrives in a fast-paced, hands-on and collaborative environment, then this is a great role for you.
What will you be doing?
- Lead a high performing campaign management and trafficking team that focuses on best in class delivery and client experience.
- Staff, train, and lead teams from order through delivery.
- Crafting and implementing processes, systems and standard methodologies for ad operations.
- Troubleshoot issues: malfunctioning ad creative materials, click-through URLs, and landing pages, custom executions, under/over-delivery issues, order management and implementation.
- Provide leadership on multiple company initiatives designed to improve workflow, cut down on errors, and increase automation to ultimately grow and protect company revenue and margins.
- Facilitate & run recurring meetings that review status of all campaigns to ensure optimal monetization and execution.
- Collaborate with Accounts Receivable team to close out monthly billing and resolve monthly and ongoing invoicing queries.
What do we require from you?
- 8-10+ years digital advertising experience.
- Demonstrated experience in strategizing, executing, and optimizing omni-channel, cross-channel, and cross-device campaigns including but not limited to search, social, programmatic, display, retargeting, mobile, video, native, etc.
- Successful development, training, and leading of Ad Ops support teams.
- Expertise in training various ad operations disciplines and concepts.
- Extensive experience & demonstrated proficiency in digital media planning, media buying, and portfolio resource allocation/optimization.
- Expertise in the online advertising ecosystem; different ad technology stacks and vendors and how they fit into the digital advertising ecosystem.
- Strong knowledge of campaign lifecycle management, ad sales process, trafficking, QA, performance analytics/ reporting.
- Exceptional understanding of ad systems and technologies including but not limited to DFA, DBM, Campaign Manager, Centro, theTradeDesk, MediaMath, Marin, Kenshoo, Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, Facebook, Instagram, Snap, LiveRamp, DMPs, CRMs, Google Analytics, MOAT, IAS, and 3rd Party measurement tools.
- Ability to manage and lead by example in high growth and fast paced environment.
- Professional communication skills, both internally and externally. Ability to articulate thoughts and concepts fluidly. Personality to quickly build rapport and build professional relationships.
- Expertly proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; ability to quickly learn and grow new productivity software application tools.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree.